I’m not sure how to break it to Mr. Cohen or his boss, but Donald Trump ain’t all that!
In truth, he is a moronic ass-clown. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a financially wealthy one, but an ass-clown none-the-less. And if Michael Cohen really believes that his boss will determine the fate of this nation in 2012, he‘s an even bigger fool than Trump is. Of course Cohen could just be making his hefty salary by following the orders of his boss, but he is not doing Trump any favors by feeding his HUMONGOUS ego. Someone should remind Mr. Trump that when it comes to his only perceived claim to fame……..success as a businessman, there exists a truly disastrous trail of bankruptcies, and failed ventures that left countless other people in financial ruin
In fact, over the last 17 years Trump has had a minimum of 19 major business failures, or on the average, one every 11 months.
They include the following:
- Trump Plaza Hotel bankruptcy – Trump was forced to file for bankruptcy after being unable to make Trump Plaza’s debt payments. Under the plan, Trump agreed to give up a 49% stake in this luxury hotel to Citibank and five other lenders.
- Trump Shuttle closure – The Trump Shuttle became defunct and was merged with Shuttle Inc,. as USAir Shuttle.
- Donald Trump personal bankruptcy – In 1994, Trump unloaded $900 million of personal debt and eliminated $3.5 billion in business debt at the cost of those who did business with him.
- Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts’ bankruptcy – In 2004 Trump Hotels & Casino Resorts filed for bankruptcy.
- Donald Trump personal bankruptcy (again) – In 2004 Trump again filed for personal bankruptcy protection and restructured his debt in .
- Taj Mahal bankruptcy – In 2006 Trump’s Atlantic City Taj Mahal casino empire filed for bankruptcy protection to restructure what had become another crushing debt.
- GoTrump.com – In 2006, just a year after he started this internet service venture, it folded.
Trump 29 Casino – In 2006, Trump had to end his ownership and management of Trump 29 Casino.
- Donald Trump Ocean Resort Baja – Investor’s were left holding the bag for up to $500,000.00 in deposits that Trump never returned to them after this intended Mexican resort failed to ever be built. Trump claimed that it was the developers fault, not his.
- Trump Towers Tampa – Another never built venture after buyers lost $45,000 individual deposits that were never returned despite the fact that the 52-story condo was never built.
- Trump International Hotel and Tower Chicago – Trump defaulted on a $40 million loan used to build the second tallest building in Chicago.
- Trump Magazine – Thanks to a lack of interest and ad sales, Trump’s magazine which was aimed tat affluent readers, folded and became the third magazine with his name on it to fail.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower New Orleans – Intended to be the tallest building in all of Louisiana, this 70 story New Orleans entertainment structure was indefinitely put on hold in 2009.
- Trump Entertainment Resort Holdings bankruptcy – In 2009, Trump Entertainment Resorts Inc., the casino operating wing of Trump’s organization, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with a debt ratio of $50 million in assets to his $500 million in debt.
- Donald Trump SoHo Hotel Condominium – Donald Trump was sued for fraud over his New York SoHo condo offering in 2010. The building is being overseen and marketed by Donald Trump and his children The multiple litigants in the lawsuit charge that Trump advertised that the building’s units were “as much as 60 percent or more sold” when in fact only 16% were sold.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Fort Lauderdale – After defaulted on another loan, this time a $139 million loan, Trump announced in 2010 that he was no longer a part of the project.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower Las Vegas – This 1,282-unit condominium hotel closed on 302 . The 23.6% vacancy rate forced Trump to rent out the building as apartments.
- Trump International Hotel & Tower in Dubai – Announced in 2005, the $2.9 billion project never got off the ground and has been replaced with a shopping mall.
In total, Trump’s climb to fame and fortune has actually left a trail of financial schemes, scandals, shenanigans, and failures that amount to a sum total large enough to finance a collection of small nations. Yet we are suppose to look up to Donald Trump for his business expertise and look to him for leadership on a national scale? Ronald Reagan himself could not have even been elected Governor of California, no less than President of the United States with a closet filled with as many skeletons as Trump’s closet has in it. But according to Trump’s consigliore, if The Donald does not become President, he will appoint the next President. According to Cohen, while Trump will not endorse anyone until he has personally spoken to all of them……….. “If he does get behind whoever the candidate may be, what’s going to happen is that individual will basically lock up the Republican nomination.”
Do these people really believe that the 2012 election is going to be another episode of The Apprentice that reaches its climax by Trump telling us who he fires?
Does Cohen not realize that his words sound more like something out of a script for a bad remake of The Godfather, or a new cable mini-series comedy about a Mafia family moving into to the White House? When speaking of his boss’s intentions, Cohen sounds more like Paulie Gualtieri, one of Tony Soprano’s Underbosses who is better known as Paulie Walnuts, than he does a legitimate spokesman?.
He speaks with a thug-like air of arrogance that comes off as a threat and having such a character represent Trump is no help for the aspiring kingmaker or king that Trump wants to be. In fact by having Cohen in the political role that Trump has him in, is significant reason to doubt Trump’s own political judgment and credibility, especially in Republican presidential politics.
Not only is Cohen’s own political knowledge or more accurately, lack of knowledge, going to hurt Donald Trump, it did not help Cohen himself either, for even though Cohen is a political neophyte, he’s not a political virgin, he‘s more like horny teenager still trying to get to third base. Recent political failures of his own prove that.
In 2003 Cohen changed his Party affiliation from Democrat to Republican in order to run for a New York City Council seat. He lost that election to little known Democrat Eva Moskovitz in a landslide. Then in In 2009, Cohen tried to run for a New York State Senate seat, but ended up quickly abandoning that sorry idea. Now a registered Democrat again, Cohen admits to having voted for Barack Obama in 2008 and was once a volunteer for Michael Dukakis in his failed 1988 bid for President.
So it would seem that not only does Michael Cohen have a miserable track record, and not only is he ideologically challenged, he is also little more than a political opportunist who views Party affiliation as way to gain ballot access, not as a representation of beliefs. But such is what Trump has as his chief political advisor. And now Trump wants to give Republicans his own advice. He wants to tell Republicans who their nominee will be and if they do not take that advice, he threatens to become President himself and proclaim himself to be the Godfather of politics.
Give me a break.
While it would seem that many of the Republican presidential candidates are kissing Trump’s ring as they schedule to briefly meet with him, they do so only as an unfortunate political necessity based on money. As an individual, Trump is worth nothing. Even his own money is not worth much politically. But the financial benefirt that can come to a candidate through access to the wealth of those who are tied to Donald Trump, is worth a great deal. For that reason, candidates like Rick Perry and Mitt Romney will surely take time out of their schedule to meet with Trump and stroke his ego.
But Donald Trump should not take this as a sign of being a kingmaker. He should realize that when all is said and done, a candidate’s or nominee’s political ties to him will be more detrimental than beneficial to that candidate or nominee. Donald Trump’s financial, personal, moral, and legal history is something that can not stand up to political scrutiny on a national level. His background is filled with the type of scandalous intrigue that novelists base bestselling books on. All someone like Barack Obama needs to win reelection is the opportunity to run against Donald Trump. And if he can’t run against Trump, tying whoever the Republican nominee will be the next best thing. Add Michael Cohen’s mouth to that and what you have is a great reason to ask Donald Trump to stick to doing what he knows best…………going in to personal bankruptcy. Lord knows we don’t need anymore politicians to help bankrupt the nation.
The last thing the G.O.P. needs right now is an arrogant, obnoxious rich Republican with a foul mouth and a spokesman like Michael Cohen who speaks in terms that are more reminiscent of a mad scientist’s plot to take over the world than of political dialogue that can be taken seriously.
Filed under: Donald Trump Tagged: | 2012 election news, Donald Trump, Donald Trump for President, donald trump for vice president, donald trump is an ass, donald trump kingmaker, Donald trump scams, donald trump the godfather of politics, Donald Trump YouTube, donald trump's business failures, Donald Trump's micahel cohen is an ass, election news, Michael Cohen, michael cohen interview on abc, michael cohen intervirew on abc's top line, presidential election news, Trump 2012, trump obama, Trump Vice President Michael Cohen, Trump Vice president supported obama and schumer, Trump's bankruptcies, will donald trump run as an independent, wordpress political blogs