Let’s be honest. There really isn’t much to this Herman Cain story. After a week of the media acting like Cain had raped a woman, had an affair with an intern or broken some federal laws or something, all we know is that he allegedly did something to someone a couple decades ago. In the grand scheme of things, the Cain story is the biggest non-story since we discovered that George W. Bush was a drunken AWOL airman because Dan Rather had a fake letter that said so.
The intensity with which the media has been following this story has consumed major media resources. So let’s look at what the Cain non-affair story might be hiding.
– Administration scandals such as Fast and Furious and the Solyndra affair continue to get juicer as Congress subpoenas the administration for documents they have been slow about releasing
– Occupy Oakland protests show the true nature of the Wall Street Mob as protestors get violent and start destroying public property. The movement is finally stooping to the level we have come to expect from liberal, leaderless mob protesters, especially union supported mobs. Now the media is working hard to find OWS protesters who look enough like they are in charge of something who will disavow the violence. Of course, poll that crowd and you are sure to get even responses either way.
– Speaking of union led protests, a story that has barely entered the Cain filled news cycle is yet another document shred drill at the ACORN offices in New York City. ACORN is shredding documents and firing workers as fast as they can to cover up the extent of their involvement behind the scenes with the now Democrat bought and owned Occupy Wall Street movement.
– Wall Street meanwhile ended a winning streak on Friday after job growth came in lower than expected and downright anemic compared to what the economy needs to start making significant strides towards reaching reasonable employment levels.
– After taking millions in bonuses, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae execs are reporting billions in losses and Freddie Mac is asking for $6 billion in new bailout funds.
– Obama’s jobs tax hike bill continues to face bi-partisan opposition, though he is choosing to blame it all on Republicans. Meanwhile, Democrats are blocking Republican jobs provisions that don’t kill jobs at the same time by raising taxes.
– And perhaps the biggest scandal fresh on the scene and being ignored by major media outlets is the Jon Corzine fraud story. Remember Bernie Madoff? He was the guy who tricked investors into giving him money in a grand pyramid scheme which worked great until he ran out of money. Corzine did it the legal way. Corzine’s investment company, MF Global, found a legal loophole that allowed him, without investor knowledge, to take funds out of investor accounts as a “loan” to fund business operations. When the investors went to get their money, they found it wasn’t there.
So how is what Corzine did legal, you might ask? Simple. Jon Corzine is a well connected Democrat, former senator and New Jersey governor. He was a star at Goldman Sachs where many administration officials cut their teeth. When Obama regulators considered eliminating the loophole that allowed Corzine to steal from his investors’ brokerage accounts to fund business operations, Corzine himself personally lobbied them (all his friends), into not regulating out that loophole or even requiring proper accounting for it.
Throughout the 2012 campaign, we will continue to hear the same mantra about how we need regulation to prevent what happened in the past from happening in the future. In this case, we have another example of the hand in glove relationship between Democrat politicians, Democrat corporate CEOs and Democrat regulators. And as usual, the media ignores it. Why?
Because a conservative allegedly did something offensive to a female employee 20 years ago. For all we know, he picked his nose while she was in the room. No names, no specifics, just enough to inspire the tabloid writers we used to take seriously.
Filed under: Herman Cain Tagged: | 2012 primary, 999, acorn, affair, African American, awol, bailout, Bailouts, Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, black, bonuses, Bush, cain, clinton, Congress, corzine, dan rather, eric holder, fannie mae, fast and furious, freddie mac, friday, goldman sachs, GOP, Herman Cain, holder, Jon Corzine, liberal, mf global, mob violence, National restaurant association, New Jersey, nra, obama, occupy oakland, occupy wall street, ows, perjury, Primary, rape, scandal, sex, sexual, sexual harrasment, solyndra, subpoena, violence, wall street, wall street mob, wh 2012, what did jon corzine do, whitehouse 2012, whitehouse12