Now, I didn’t say they are good reasons, did I? In case you’re wondering, I have been told I can be sarcastic from time to time.
Just think how refreshing a second term will be. President Obama can stop campaigning for re-election, so maybe he will focus on change without the pesky issue of being a one-term president. Maybe he will be able to pay the mortgage and fill the gas tank of the people who voted for change, and found they didn’t even get loose change.
You know those cash tills where they say “take a penny, leave a penny”? The Obama administration is more a “take everything, leave a debt” kind of cash till. But not to worry, there are five reasons why you might want to consider voting for President Obama to stay in the White House for a second term, and here they are:
1. You think America needs to change from a narrow-minded belief in exceptionalism to breaking open a six pack with your good ol’ buddies from Europe and the Middle East to toast a new era of Enlightenment.
2. You think Capitalism is inherently bad and needs government to grow in the public interest, while wealth needs to be redistributed and folks need to be told what they can buy and cannot buy; for instance, do not buy large volumes of soda.
3. You believe progressive causes should determine the future direction of America, because the Constitution does not suit the postmodern paradigm and ideally ought to be scrapped altogether.
4. You want the safety net to be for anyone who feels hard done by, so poverty is defined not by need but by entitlement to other people’s money.
5. You have ignored the evidence of the past three years and you want to see how badly everything can go in the two years Obama will get to do more of what he wants, because he won’t need to be campaigning from day one.
If Obama wins four more years in November, he will spend two years advancing as many of his ideas as possible in the hope of building his legacy, and then for two years will become the lamest of lame duck presidents.
So, go ahead, make your vote count in November!
(I did say I can be sarcastic….)
Filed under: About the Candidates, Daily Tweet, Humor, Poitical Humor, President Obama Tagged: | 2012 election sites, 2012 election strategy, 2012 Presidential Election, 2012 race for president, American excpetionalism, campaign 2012, campaign tactics, election2012, entitlement, Europe, foreign policy, GOP, gop12, lame duck president, middle east, Mitt Romney, ob, obama, One term president, politics 24/7, Politics 247. U4Prez, poverty, pregressivism, race for the white house, Republican, republicans running for president in 2012, Romney, welfare, White House, White House 2012, Who will win the presidential election