According to Priebus;
“Americans are ready for a new direction, and that’s why our convention will focus on the Romney-Ryan vision for a better future.”
“After four years of high unemployment and skyrocketing debt, we need America’s ‘Comeback Team’ to get the country working again and protect the American Dream for our children and grandchildren,” said Priebus. “During our convention, the American people will hear about the priorities, experience and knowhow of our nominees and their plans to secure a better future for our country.”
“This convention will bring together Americans from every corner of the country and every walk of life,” said convention Chief Executive Officer William Harris. “Whatever their background, wherever they’re from, they know too well that our country faces serious problems. But they also know that the American people have confronted difficult challenges before, and that together, with strong leadership, we can overcome those challenges and secure a better future for generations to come.”
While the G.O.P. finds it’s base energized and increasingly enthusiastic with the prospects for our nation’s future that a Romney-Ryan ticket brings to it, Democrats find themselves weighed down by their ticket. These days, between the Obama Administration’s dismal record, a host of scandals, and a string of verbal gaffe’s from both the President and the Vice President, Democrats are finding it hard to get excited over the prospects that renominating Obama and Biden will bring. That lack of enthusiasm has created a minor glitch in the Party’s attempts to gear up for their national event.
Democrats who will be holding their convention 4 days after the gavel comes down on the G.O.P.’s shindig, but they have not yet made any official announcements on what specifically their theme will exactly be. Phyllis Stine, a spokeswoman for DNC Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz, told White House 2012 that Democrat leaders have “narrowed their choices down to several promising themes that offer powerful messages. One of the most popular at the moment is “It’s Not That Bad”. However many convention planners are currently pushing for us to make, “It’s their Fault” the overriding theme of the convention.”
But Reed Dicuolous, a spokeswoman for House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi told White House 2012 that the Minority Leader is of the opinion that creating one specific theme for the convention would be a mistake. According to Diculous, “Leader Pelosi has repeatedly stated that organizers of the convention will have to watch the convention before they could possibly know what will be in it“.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid’s spokeswoman Devoida Lahjick, revealed that Senator Reid is trying to insure that the convention focusses on nothing other than Mitt Romney and he urges to Democrats scrap any attempts to establish a single theme. “Planning ahead is dangerous and it would risk committing ourselves to a message that we may need to change as the elections plays itself out. Besides, we haven’t made plans for a federal budget in four years and look at how well that’s worked at turning our economy around,” said Lahjick.
Devoida Lahjick explains that Senator Reid believes that regardless of any theme convention organizers settle on, the 4 day convention should concentrate on nothing other than attacking Mitt Romney and defining him as an evil business baron. “By the time we are done with him, Americans should view Mitt Romney as a contemporary cross between Ebenezer Scrooge and Mr. Bumble”, said Lahjick.
Meanwhile Daniel Kurtzman an intrepid online political columnist at about.com, has come across the Democrat’s preliminary schedule for their convention:
- 4:00 PM – Opening Flag Burning Ceremony – sponsored by CNN
- 4:05 PM – Singing of “God Damn America ” led by Rev. Jeremiah Wright
- 4:10 PM – Pledge of Allegiance to Obama
- 4:15 PM – Ceremonial ‘I hate America’ led by Michelle Obama
- 4:30 PM – Tips on “How to keep your man trustworthy & true to you while you travel the world” – Hillary Clinton
- 4:45 PM –Al Sharpton / Jesse Jackson seminar “How to have a successful career without having a job.”
- 5:00 PM – “Great Vacations I’ve Taken on the Taxpayer’s Dime Travel Log” – Michelle Obama
- 5:30 PM – Eliot Spitzer Speaks on “Family Values” via Satellite
- 5:45 PM – Tribute to All 57 States – Nancy Pelosi
- 6:00 PM – Sen. Harry Reid – 90-minute speech expressing the Democrat’s appreciation of the Occupy Wall Street movement, and George Soros for sparing no expense, for all that they have accomplished to unify the country, improve employment and to boost the economy.
- 8:30 PM – Airing of Grievances by the Clintons
- 9:00 PM – “Bias in Media – How we can make it work for you” Tutorial – sponsored by CBS, NBC, ABC, CNN, the Washington Post and the New York Times
- 9:15 PM – Tribute Film to Brave Freedom Fighters incarcerated at GITMO – Michael Moore
- 9:45 PM – Personal Finance Seminar – Charlie Rangle
- 10:00 PM – Denunciation of Bitter Gun Owners and Bible readers
- 10:30 PM – Ceremonial Waving of White Flag for IRAQ , & Afghanistan
- 11:00 PM – Obama Energy Plan Symposium / Tire Gauge Demonstration / You too can get rich with Green Investment bankruptcies
- 11:15 PM – Free Gov. Blagovich rally
- 11:30 PM – Obama Accepts Oscar, Tony and Latin Grammy Awards
- 11:45 PM – Feeding of the Delegates with 5 Loaves and 2 Fish – Obama Presiding
- 12:00 AM – Official Nomination of Obama by Bill Maher and Chris“He sends a thrill up my leg” Matthews
- 12:01 AM – Obama Accepts Nomination as Lord and Savior
- 12:05 AM – Celestial Choirs Sing
- 3:00 AM – Biden Delivers Acceptance Speech
Filed under: Democratic National Convention Tagged: | "A Better Future”, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, Democrat Convention schedule, Democrat National Convention theme, Democratic campaign theme, Democratic National Convention, Democratic theme, Devociculous, DNC theme, Harry Reid, kempite, Nancy Pelosi, Obama Biden 2012, Obama campaign, Obama campaign strategy, Obama-Biden, Obama/Biden 2012, Phyllis Stine, presidential election, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus recently announced that the theme of the G.O.P.'s convention in Tampa Bay that begins on August 27th, Republican national Convention theme, RNC chooses them, Romney campaign, Romney Ryan, Romney Ryan 2012, Romney/Ryan 2012, shedule for the Democratic National convention, White House 2012, will be A Better Future